When it comes to protecting your body during sport, you should never sacrifice comfort or performance. Defender Skin is the lightest, most flexible, and most versatile form of protection available to athletes today, no matter what game they play. It's a uniquely engineered, breathable adhesive second skin designed to defend the body against cuts, scrapes, burns, pain and bruising often associated with the impact and abrasion of rigorous sports.
Features & Benefits
- Impact Protection- Absorbs and cushions impact and distributes energy horizontally throughout the protective foam pads, reducing effects on the body
- Abrasion Defense- Provides a layer of protection for your skin (including rehabbing wounds and healing cuts and scrapes), whether it's against turf, dirt, rock, or your opponent
- Comfort- Stays put, breathes like skin, allows your joints to articulate fully for freedom of motion, and is virtually weightless
- Customizable- Cuts down to your desired size and shape, peels off the backing and sticks immediately to any vulnerable area of the body. (Clean the area with alcohol and/or shave the area first to keep Defender Skin on for a longer period of time.)
- Durable- 4-way stretch adhesive is sweat and water resistant, staying in place during activity and peeling off easily afterward
- Innovative Design and Construction- Outperforms traditional pads, wraps and tapes, eliminating their tendency to be rough and bulky, and inhibit movement
- Total Body Coverage- Protect knees, elbows, forearms, hands, or any areas subject to abrasion and impact
- All-Sport Usage- Team sports, outdoor sports, fitness, action sports
- Color - Available in Black only. More colors will be available in the future
- For best results, apply to clean, dry skin and 45-minutes prior to activity
- Cut Defender Skin with scissors to desired size and shape
- Peel and apply directly to skin. Avoid lifting and re-applying
- Place pressure on padded areas and corners
- Defender Skin is designed for one-time use only
Size Chart & Fit Guide
Multi-use and customizable
- 6/23/2016 12:45 PM
- How forgiving is this product on body hair? I'm considering using this product to protect my knees from turf burn when playing lacrosse because knee sleeves can be uncomfortable or require adjustment during play. However, the skin around my knees is very hairy, and I don't want to have weird hairless patches around my knees if the adhesive rips out my leg hair or I have to shave the area that I'll be applying the product to.
- The Defender Skin is recommended for use on clean, dry, shaved skin. If an area is excessively hairy the Defender Skin may not adhere as well as desired.
- 5/7/2016 5:36 PM
at See More Questions
- Where can this be purchased via retail stores? Hibbetts Sports? Dicks Sporting Goods? Academy?
- Dicks Sporting Goods carry the Defender Tape
- 9/22/2015 2:33 PM
- Could this product be used to protect the kidney area, specifically for baseball. My son has one kidney and want to protect it. Currently what he uses restricts his mobility. Please let me know.
Defender Skin can be worn for mild contact but will not protect an area from high speed contact it is not thick enough. You can try doubling the thickness
- 4/30/2015 9:33 AM
- What kind of foam is this made of? Is this product environmentally friendly or bio-degradable? This is a great product, and I believe it will take off. My concern is whether or not our landfills be full of it?
- 3 mil EVA Foam
- 3/14/2015 4:15 PM
- What is the pricing and how do I order A larger supply for team sports? I am interested in a 50' X 4" roll
- This is our retail product and only available in singe rolls. we do have another similar product for accounts and trainin rooms that can only be purchased though a Don Joy sales rep. To locate your local rep please copy and paste this link:
This product Defender Tape is on limited launch so not all sales reps have access to it yet. Please check with your local rep
- 1/7/2015 3:34 PM
- Can defender skin be shipped to Canada?
Yes we do ship to Canada
- 1/5/2015 9:31 AM
- Although it may be a one-time use product, how long will it stay on in place for its one time use? Can it be left on, in p lace, for more than 24 hours? How long?
It should stay on for at lease 6 hours, but you can wear it as long as you would like
- 11/13/2014 2:28 PM
- is Defender skin reusable or "one time" use?
Defender is a one-time use product that comes in a roll 3'
Write Your Own Review
Your honest feedback